When Fighting Sin Doesn't Feel Worth It (Malachi 3:13-18)
The fight against sin is a fight to believe the truth.
1) Questioning whether the fight is worth it.
- Lie #1: "I know what's best for me better than God knows." (v13)
- Lie #2: "I need what God can GIVE me more than I need God himself." (v14)
- Lie #3: "Disobedience is more advantageous to me than obedience." (v15)
2) Why the fight is worth it.
- Truth #1: God sees those who fear him. (v16a-b)
- Truth #2: God remembers those who fear him. (v16c)
- Truth #3: God treasures those who fear him. (v17a)
- Truth #4: God spares those who fear him. (v17b)
- Truth #5: God will show the difference between those who fear him and those who don't. (v18)
More in The Book of Malachi
March 21, 2021The Law of Moses, the Coming of Elijah, and the Glory of Jesus Christ (Malachi 4:4-6)
March 14, 2021The Sun of Righteousness Will Rise (Malachi 4:1-3)
February 21, 2021Giving and God's Unchanging Character (Malachi 3:6-12)